First up we need some ingredients. You might trade ingredients from other members, or you might grow them/find them.
In this example we’re going to get the ingredients and bake some bread.
First we need to grow some wheat.
- Click the crop soil and it may tell you that it requires water to grow.
- Click the “P” on your HUD (or your pouch if you’re wearing one) and choose “Use”
- Type in “water” to the dialog box
- Type in “4” to the next dialog box
- the crops will start growing
- different crops/herbs/vegetables, etc have different growing times….some may take up to an hour ….it’s worth noting that others can steal your crop if you’re not there when it’s ready to harvest.
- Once it is ready to harvest click to collect your wheat.
- Find the mill and click the grinding stone for instructions
- Add the wheat as before using the “P” button on your HUD or your pouch if wearing. Make sure you add the correct quantity.
- Once the mill stone has finished grinding your flour, click it to collect your wheat flour.
- Find a cooker and your recipe card. Make sure you have all the ingredients required for the thing you want to bake.
- Click the cooker and then by again using ingredients from your pouch add the ingredients one by one in the correct order and the correct quantity.
- Once you’ve loaded all your ingredients….click the cooker and choose “cook”.
- Wait for the cooker to cook….if you loaded your ingredients in the correct order and quantity you’ll get the item you were hoping to bake….if not…well…there may be a mess…and you’ll have to try again….more carefully this time.
Baking food in a cooker requires not only all the right ingredients (which you’ll only know from a recipe card or recipe book) but there are also a number of steps to the process and some precision required when adding ingredients.
If you put ingredients into a cooker in the wrong order or in the wrong amount…..you’ll risk making a terrible mess and losing your ingredients.
Tip: all ingredients are lower case – look in your pouch inventory to see how they are spelled.